The Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CD6TX-WR delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns — projecting relatively more output to the rear of the audience to distribute sound evenly front-to-back, while having wide horizontal coverage close-up. Its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response in the crossover region associated with non-coaxial designs. Improving on conventional coaxial designs, which can suffer from high-frequency beaming, the driver features a static waveguide that merges seamlessly with the unique cone shape — maintaining the dispersion pattern out to very high frequencies.
The visually-distinctive enclosure can be used in either horizontal (landscape) or vertical (portrait) orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The curved shape of the enclosure allows it to be surface-mounted close to a wall or ceiling by means of the supplied omni-directional bracket or an optional close-mount ceiling bracket.
CDD6TX-WR features a water and particle resistant grille made from zinc plated mild steel with powder coated finish and is suitable for operating temperatures between -20°C to +70°C and environmentally tested to meet IP54 .
Finished in black (RAL9005) or white (RAL9016) as standard.
A full-range, passive two-way system, the CDD6TX-WR may be used without a controller. However, the EQ and limiter functions of a controller such as the Martin Audio DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2, or an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP will maximise its capabilities. When used with a CSX subwoofer, crossover and EQ functions can either be performed by the DX0.5, DX1.5 or DX2 system controllers, or by an MA Series amplifier with onboard DSP option.
- Ultra-compact, CDD™ passive two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Elegant UPM Formi composite enclosure
- Outdoor operation when sheltered from direct exposure to elements
- Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C
- Environmentally tested to meet IP54
- User-rotatable coaxial drive unit
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Screw-free water and particle resistant grille
- 8Ω nominal impedance
- Discreet weatherised mounting accessories
- Black or white standard colour options
- 70V/100V line transformer
- Bars and Restaurants
- Museums and AV spaces
- Convention Centres
- Retail Outlets
- Leisure Centres
- Houses of Worship
- Outdoor Restaurants, Bars, Hotel areas
- Nearfield Systems in Outdoor Stadia
- Transport Hubs
- Concourses and Theme Parks