With wide coverage close-up, the Coaxial Differential Dispersion technology employed in the CDD-LIVE 8 delivers more consistent audience coverage than systems with fixed X° x Y° coverage patterns, and its innovative CDD driver achieves ‘point source’ summation of the LF and HF sections — eliminating off-axis variations in frequency response associated with non-coaxial designs.
A self-powered system, the CDD-LIVE 8 incorporates a two-channel Class D amplifier, DSP and Dante™ digital audio networking — simplifying set-up, enhancing control and eliminating amplifier racks. The onboard amplifier delivers 1000W LF + 300W HF peak output to the drivers, and its switched-mode power supply auto-ranges to global mains voltages from 100 to 240V 50/60Hz.
DSP functions — including parametric EQ, delay, muting, gain and preset selection — can be controlled over Ethernet from a PC or Windows® tablet via intuitive VU-NET™ proprietary software.
For simple set-ups, ‘plug-and-play’ presets — as well as a user-defined preset — can be selected on the rear panel, instead of using computer control. As an alternative to its analogue inputs, the CDD- LIVE 8 is Dante enabled for digital audio distribution and control over a single CAT5 cable to maintain audio quality however long the cable run.
The CDD-LIVE 8 is incredibly versatile. Its multi-angle enclosure can be used in either horizontal or vertical orientation, with rotation of the driver easily accomplished by removing the screw-free, protective grille. The tour-grade enclosure is constructed from multi-laminate plywood and finished in a hard-wearing polyurea coating. Integral fittings include a top-hat for pole mounting and multiple M8 inserts for attachment to a wall-bracket, yoke or universal bracket with a wide range of up and down tilt angles.
- Ultra-compact, self-powered two-way system
- Coaxial Differential Dispersion™ technology
- Onboard Class D amplification and DSP
- Dante™ Digital Audio networking
- Global mains operation with Power Factor Correction
- User-rotatable CDD™ driver
- Vertical and horizontal mounting options
- Tour-grade, multi-angle plywood enclosure
- IP24 rating option with rain cowl
- Comprehensive mounting accessories
- Live sound reinforcement
- Theatre sound
- Corporate AV events
- Fixed installations in concert halls, ballrooms and HoW
- Stage monitor and sidefill
- Bars and clubs