The 12” (300mm) LF driver has a lightweight 3” (75mm) voice coil and flux demodulation rings to reduce distortion at high excursions. Its neodymium motor system combines high sensitivity with low weight and advanced cooling reduces power compression to negligible levels. The 1” (25mm) exit HF driver has a 1.7” (44mm) titanium dome and ultra-high flux neodymium motor system for maximum efficiency, plus a copper cap to extend the HF response.
The internal HF/LF crossover is switchable between passive or bi-amp operation, depending on user requirements.
The XD12 is the perfect solution for high-power applications where flexibility, ease of installation and speed of deployment are important factors. The versatile, multi-angle enclosure and rotatable horn facilitate either horizontal or vertical orientation, and comprehensive brackets support the full variety of mounting options – including surface, ceiling and pole mount. Integral M8 inserts for simple eyebolt suspension increase the options even further. In its horizontal configuration, the XD12 is also ideal as a compact, high-output stage monitor.
When used in bi-amp mode, or with a subwoofer such as the Wavefront WS18X or WS218X, it is recommended that the XD12 is used with the Martin Audio DX1.5 or DX2 controller. When operated as a passive system, it may be used without a controller, but will benefit from the DX1.5 or DX2’s EQ and limiter functions.
- Versatile high-output two-way system
- Compact, multi-angle plywood enclosure
- 12″ (300mm)/3″ (75mm) coil, long-excursion, low-distortion neodymium LF driver
- 1″ (25mm) exit, titanium dome, neodymium HF compression driver
- User rotatable 80° x 50° horn
- Switchable passive/bi-amp crossover
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- Integral pole-mount and M8 rigging inserts
- Comprehensive mounting options and accessories
- Five year warranty
- Portable live sound reinforcement
- Theatre Sound
- Fixed Installations
- High power stage monitor
- AV Presentations